Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My TOP 5 MOVIES of 2010!!!

2010 was an excellent year for movies, a lot of good ones have come out this year... but I have narrowed my list down to the five I liked the most this year!!!!


#5 The Town
This was a great movie. Don't let the fact that this film was directed by Ben Affleck scare you off because I really enjoyed this movie. You got to love crime movies based in Boston! This film has an interesting story and some great action scenes. Plus the story follows a group of bank robbers... A movie with a good bank robbery is always good! (The Dark Knight, Heat)


#4 Shutter Island
Martin Scorsese is one of my favorite directors and before this movie came out my brother told me I should read the book Shutter Island written by Dennis Lehane. I've never seen a movie that captures the feeling and mood of the book as well as Shutter Island does. The acting is great in this movie and Leonardo Decaprio really shows his amazing talent here. It is dark, suspenseful, and keeps you guessing through the whole movie. I highly recommend this movie!!


#3 True Grit
I dare say Jeff Bridges performance of Rooster Cogburn trumps John Wayne any day, some might think that is close to blasphemy but I stand by it! This is an excellent movie, whenever I watch a Coen Brothers movie I am blown away by the quality of the characters they have developed for their movies! Their movies are always full of genuine dialogue that make you feel like you are part of everything happening on screen. This is well acted and has an amazing storyline, this is an incredible movie.


#2 The Fighter
I don't typically like movies based around Boxing tournaments, and usually movies starring Mark Walberg have never made it to the top of my list, but holy crap The Fighter is a genuinely well made movie. The acting in this movie is top notch and absorbs you. This movie is mostly about family and I don't think I have ever seen a more convincing family on screen. Christian Bale alone was amazing in this movie, he almost seems like he is overacting as you watch the movie, but when they play the footage of the real person he portrayed you can immediately tell he was spot on with his performance! You forget that it is Christian Bale completely. Like I said before this is a genuinely well made movie and deserves to be seen!


#1 Inception
If you don't think this is one of the best movies ever made... I HATE YOU!!! haha No but seriously, in my opinion I cannot say enough good things about this movie. Christopher Nolan is my favorite director, he is extremely dedicated to his craft. This movie has everything... it is beautiful to watch, it has an amazing soundtrack, it is well acted, it keeps you interested and involved throughout the entire movie, it is original, there are some amazing sequences of action, and most of all it will blow your F-ing mind!!! This was without a doubt my favorite movie of the year and if you haven't seen it already stop whatever you are doing and watch it now.

3 comments:

  1. If you don't think that this comment is the greatest comment ever posted...I WILL FIGHT YOU!! That's no lie.

    Good list, though. I've yet to see The Town, True Grit, and The Fighter though. Oh, and thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome for the shout out Colt! You need to see the movies on here you haven't!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen them all but True Grit. I feel like I need to rewatch the original first because I don't remember it very well. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete